Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Organizing your Scrapbooking Supplies


This will be a running post, so make sure you keep checking back.

I love to scrapbook and I find I enjoy it much more when I know where everything is. When my family moved into our new house, I tore everything apart and organized from top to bottom and this is what I came up with. I still have a spare bedroom being renovated into my hobby room, but until then.







1. Use Clear (see through) boxes.

I found these at Costco and they work beautifully. I can see what’s inside each of them so I really don’t have to label them. Which is really nice since I’ve got 3 for stamping tools alone. They nice very nicely, are sturdy and I can fit quite a bit in each of them.




2. Ribbons

Luckily, these clear shoe boxes fit my ribbon perfectly when they are on their side. I just stand them up side the box and have a little edge dangling over the edge. I just pull out the amount I need and cut! No need to even open the lid. This works best if you have enough to fill the box though. If you don’t have enough, all the ribbons will just go flying all over the place in the box.








1 comment:

Over The Top Aprons said...

Great idea, I will definitely give it a try, my ribbons drive me a bit bonkers!! Great tutorial on organization.