Saturday, January 12, 2008

Decorating Plain Chipboard

How did I make it to this point, you ask? Well, let me lay all the blame on Catherine. Yes, if she had never started selling those lovely chipboard letters of hers, I would have never come this far. First it started off with those dazzling glittered letters she makes. Then when she made her naked chipboard letters available, I just had to give it a try myself. Sure I’ve experimented and tried out a few different things, and have found a few techniques I absolutely love, but to quote the lady herself:

“NAKED Chipboard Letters: Paint them, sand them, chalk them, ink them, stamp them, color them, doodle on them, cover them with paper...”

The first few times I’ve used
plain chipboard, I’ve painted them with acrylic paint, applied a coat of my favourite Stickles color (sparkles), then just to make sure everything stayed in place, I added a glossy coat of Mod-Podge. It was love at first sight. Sure it took me a bit of time. It was more of a multi-stage process that spanned over 2 days, but in the end, it was well worth the effort. What better way is there then to get the exact color of letters you need for your layout?!?


Besides, with such a beautiful face going on my layout, only the best would do.

Although I haven’t dared tackle any tags, my head swirls with thoughts of adding fancy ribbons, prima flowers, paint, brads and of course, some glitter.

I know there are a lot of other chipboard items out there and I have to get myself into it gently otherwise I might lock myself away for a few days and my family will never see me while I experiment on everything. Tag books, bookmarks, chipboard albums… the list goes on and on.

So thanks a lot Catherine, for turning me into a chipboard addict.

Got any other ideas for decorating plain chipboard? I would love to hear them!

Happy Scrapbooking!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Sorry for the addiction! LOL

Cute layout, and what a cutie pie she is!