Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Organizing my Scrapbooking Stickers

One of the hardest things to organize, in my mind, are stickers. I have so many of them and to remember what you have is sometimes near impossible.

To help me stay organized, I started with a 2 inch binder and a bunch of page protectors. I put a piece of white card stock (the same size as the page protectors) in each of the page protectors. Then I proceeded to sort my stickers by theme.

Yes, this can get very tricky, but I tend to have certain themes I scrapbook by so that helps. For example:

  • Winter
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Fall
  • School
  • Boy
  • Girl
  • Camping
  • Cooking
  • Plants & Flowers
  • Valentines
  • Easter
  • Sports
  • Halloween
  • Christmas

Etc.. you get the idea. I recently switch to actual dividers for each of the topics but I used to just use labeled sticky tabs. Now you start putting your stickers in the page protectors. I’m usually quite generous with my space, I don’t like to over lap stickers over top of each other inside the page protectors that way I can see everything I have. The white card stock makes the pages easier to turn as they are stiffer and helps you see the stickers better.

Depending on where you buy your materials from, you could probably have this all set up for less then $10. I used an extra binder I had laying around, page protectors and dividers from the dollar/discount store and used white card stock from my scrapbooking stash.

What I once avoided, I now love grabbing my sticker binder for inspiration. And my kids love looking at all my “pretty stickers”. Happy Scrapbooking!



No comments: